wedding photography digital

{More from the Ottawa Wedding Show - Some Inspiration} Ottawa Wedding Show

My latest Facebook status says, "I love beautiful things for their artistry..." and nothing could be closer to the truth when I was awestruck by so much amazing talent here in the Ottawa Wedding industry. People in the industry were a buzz about how Ottawa was really coming into it's own on the wedding front.  I would like to share with you some of the booths that caught my eye during the rare moments that I had away from my booth to explore the amazing professionals around me.

Thank you to Marry Me Productions for letting me do some heavy gawking at their Royal Purple inspired booth with details from Flowers Talk and The Girl with the Most Cake. Warning, the post is a little wedding cake heavy, for two reasons...they are pure art and who could not take their eyes of these stunning handcrafted bits of tasty imagination.



Which Brings me to "Sophie Bifield Cake Company". I must have had my head in the sand not to notice this talented lady who obviously has an eye for elegance. I will say little more because her work really speaks for itself.


I am a bit crazy about cakes...and so another cake artist that caught my eye was Matt from "It's a Matter of Cake", his lovely peony cake and his multi-textured mulit-tiered white cake was phenomenal, but it's the golf bag that takes the cake - pun intented. He created a life size golf cake. Really.




With Love Bridal Boutique was in fabulous form showing off some of the latest runway collections from Blush by Jeffery Hjelm (also incidentally stunningly featured on page 111+112 of the 2011 winter/spring issue of Wedluxe...one of my favorite Canadian Wedding Magazines).


An amazing booth by Allison Turner of Live Love Plan who was busy just about every time I cam over (sorry we missed a pic of your booth :(. Allison took care and detail to the next level with her custom walls and whimsical and elegant chalkboard displays with funky fresh ideas for making your wedding unique. A real reflection of the time and care she takes with planning her weddings.

And the lovely talented Erin Carmichael of Full Blom Flowers with her own booth of her creative floral designs. She not only created something stellar for herself, but also for my flowers in my booth is stunning jewel tones, and softer pinks and pastels for Allison's booth, but also whimsical and elegant florals for With Love Bridal Boutique and First Kiss Films too.
I also missed getting a photo of the very elegant cinema inspired booth by Bridgitte Redmond of First Kiss Films...also a busy lady. She was showing off some of her stunning wedding films created on real 16mm and 8 mm film. The result is stunning and with film it is a very unique and personal way to archive your wedding memories.

This might be my longest blog post yet, but you probably get that I really love weddings and better the talent that goes into making them extraordinary, personal, unique and a work of creativity.

Enjoy!

Want to see more? View my portfolio.
Follow me on Youtube
Contact: melanie@m-contemporaryphotography.com
613.769.6019


{More from the Ottawa Wedding Show - Some Inspiration} Ottawa Wedding Show Share on...