wedding photography digital

What to Expect from a Family or Children’s session

When photographing children & families I offer 2 options.

Mini Session: $50. This is an on-location session including up to one hour of photography time for up to 3 people. It includes 15-20 edited proofs. 

Large Session: $100 This session will give us up to 2 hours of on-location photography time. This is a package for up to 6 people. $15 charge for each additional person. There will be 20-40 edited proofs for you to choose from online.

A session is considered “booked” when the session fee is paid & the contract is returned to me.

* I am so excited to be photographing your family and children!  I want us all to relax at your session.  I want you to enjoy the fact that I am capturing real life for you.  Smiles, expressions, emotion- that you want to remember forever.  It is my hope that when we are done, you and your children are happy & loved the time we had together!

* Plenty of time will be given to capture great photos of your family, even if it means taking a break to allow for feeding or snacking.  Feel free to bring along a snack for your child.  (sometimes some of the cutest pictures are eating!)

*  On-location means that I photograph you in your favorite places such as your yard, backyard pool, favorite park, etc.  Whenever possible, I try to shoot in the early morning or evening during the “sweet light” time of day.   I can also help with ideas for a location if needed.  Here is a list of some of the great spots we’ve been. If time allows we can even go to more than one of these locations.

*  Many times I can get more genuine reactions of your children if you stroll away from the photo-taking.  I will sing, dance, do whatever it takes to get your child to show me that great smile and laughter.  Sometimes when parents are right there, the children “clam-up” into that “say cheese” mode, which I try to avoid whenever possible.

*  If there is something sentimental that you would like in some photos, like a special blanket, toy or outfit, I would love to capture that in a few photos.  They add spirit to your child’s photographs.  If it an item that you suspect your child may have a hard time giving up once they have it in the photos, we will bring that item out at the end of the shoot.

*  What should you wear?  Your child may have a couple items of clothing that they want to wear everyday (like cowboy boots and a Superman cape).  If this is something that you would like to remember, those should be part of a few photos.  I also allow a couple clothing changes for your little ones.  For family shoots, it always looks great if you are all coordinating, but that doesn’t mean matching.  Unless, of course, that is what you want.  Things to avoid:  logo shirts and bold/conflicting patterns.  I would be happy to consult with you on some clothing options.  More information on what to wear will be found here.

* Please be aware that your child (or you) may get dirty during our time together.  I may offer your child a candy, apple or other food item, or balloon for photo effects & fun pictures.  Please make me aware of any potential allergies before hand.

* Please bring bug spray or sunscreen if you think it may been needed during the photo session.

*  I know you will want your images as soon as possible.  Your proofs will be available within 2-3 weeks of your session.  From there you will have 7 days to place your initial order for a 10% discount.   Your files will be deleted from my computer after 30 days & no more changes can be made to your proofs.  Your online gallery will be available indefinitely, but is not guaranteed on Zenfolio, after 30 days.  No more changes will be made to the proofs.

* Absolutely no cameras besides mine will be allowed at the photo shoots.  This is extremely distracting to myself and to the children.

Read what other customers have said about their photo shoot experience with me~

What to Expect from a Family or Children’s session Share on...